Giving from Your Retirement Plan
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support the Harvard Chan School far into the future.
How It Works
- Name the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to the Harvard Chan School by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell the Harvard Chan School about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us. So if you don't tell us, we may not know.
Make a “Tax-Free” Gift Through Your IRA
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.
Life Affirming Lessons from Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
“I was drawn to the 1913 Society’s mission to aid the School of Public Health through the long-term visions of its members. Future Harvard students will surely be affected by the 1913 Society’s efforts for numerous generations to come.”
– Dr. Christopher James Ronk, SM ’08, SD ’10