Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Our minimum gift requirement is $25,000.
- The Harvard Chan School pays you, yourself and a spouse, or any two beneficiaries you name, fixed income for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 40 years of age at the time of the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to the Harvard Chan School when the contract ends.
- Receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for your gift.
- In many cases, receive payments at a rate higher than the interest you are currently receiving.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free.
- Are you a younger donor? Consider a deferred gift annuity.
From the New Chair of the 1913 Society, Professor Barry R. Bloom
“When Dean Frenk asked if I would be willing to chair the 1913 Society, I told him I would be delighted to do so. I view it as a priority to recognize this auspicious group of donors and to help others learn how easy it is to support the Harvard Chan School and get a return on your investment. I’m a living example.”